Pre-Project Checklist for Homeowners
Here is a list of things you can do to help your home improvement project progress efficiently, with maximum cleanliness and without unwanted surprises.
- Cover or remove storage items and valuables in your attic and garage, including vehicles. Granules, nails and dust may fall between roof boards during a roof removal.
- Remove valuable items from walls, especially during siding and window replacement.
- Please remove pet waste in your yard, our crew will thank you.
- Mowing your grass shorter than usual allows us to pick up nails more easily with our magnets.
- Temporarily transplant or point out precious, delicate or expensive plants so our crew can use extra precaution in these areas.
- Please remove cars from your driveway if possible so we can have room for the necessary delivery, work and waste removal trucks.
- Please be aware that materials necessary for your home improvement project will arrive on large delivery trucks. In very rare instances a heavy truck may crack a driveway that is not structurally sound. There is also the possibility for oil drips. Please let us know if you have concerns about the integrity of your driveway.
- If your neighbor’s house, driveway, sidewalk, garage or personal property is in close proximity to your home, please inform these neighbors in advance of beginning your home improvement project so they are prepared and we may work in cooperation with you and your neighbors. We wouldn’t want to be working at your house when your neighbor are having an outdoor family reunion.
- If you own pets, be aware that they may become afraid or agitated during the course of your home improvement project.
- Provide access to a power outlet if possible.
- Please let us know if you have any other concerns or special needs.